Anywho - I mentioned last week that our holiday schedule has been jam packed at times...so crockpotting has been the answer. I prepared all of these the night before, refrigerated, and turned on in the morning cooking on low for 8 hours. I season every meal with salt & pepper - always.
Monday night: Everything but the Ice-maker.
- We usually go grocery shopping over the weekend but we wound up not making it to Trader Joe's until Monday night. So on Sunday, Paul through everything we had in the fridge into our crockpot - and guess what - it was delicious.
1. Red Meat
(expensive, cheap, small, huge, on the bone, boneless - almost any red meat will come out great)
2. Sweet Potatoes
(I stock up these, and use them in every other meal I make almost)
3. 1 onion chopped in large pieces
4. Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers
5. Half a can of left over red sauce
6. Cherry Tomatoes (they were in the fridge...so they were thrown in!)
Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin
1. Pork Tenderloin
3. Garlic cloves
4. Red Wine
(side of steamed Broccoli)
Wednesday: BBQ Chicken wrapped in Bacon - thank you Erin for the recipe!
1. 4 Chicken Breast cut into halves or thirds
2. Bacon (uncured) - wrap around bacon
3. Apples (any baking apple) - sliced & I left the skin on
4. 1 Cup of BBQ Sauce (the fewer ingredients the better)
(side of baked Sweet Potato & roasted Brussels Sprouts with garlic & chives)
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie
1. Chicken cut into 2 inch squares
2. Golden Potatoes cut into quarters
3. Carrots - cut into 3" pieces
4. Frozen Peas
5. Corn Kernels (canned is fine)
6. 1 can of creamed chicken & 1 can of creamed mushroom
6. Spices (salt, pepper, celery seed, herb de provence)
(top with a flaky, buttery biscuit in each bowl!)
Let me know if you give any a try or have any to share!